Tuesday, April 21, 2015

My Professional Practices class is having an exhibit, XVIII Collective Individuals. There are eighteen people in the class and each work is to address the theme "eighteen." My contribution is a book (I hope) of etchings, eighteen pages, with images of small toys and objects, increasing through the book from one to eighteen. The toys are meant to be like little talismans; to me the book is a visual meditation on the passing of childhood. The ledger theme is present also; for me it stands for assessment and assigning values. This paper is not intended for printmaking and is giving me a lot of problems, to the point where I'm running out of paper. I may have to do some of the prints on a different paper, and print the ledger pattern afterwards. (I scanned it just in case.)

No comments:

Post a Comment