Thursday, March 21, 2013

More woodcut thoughts

I cut an experimental woodblock, just a scene outside my dining room window. I tried printing it with a baren, and the ink was actually my friend GC Bone Black with some old Daniel Smith relief modifier added. This was a bust; the prints look bad. Maybe the modifier is too old, it is sticky like glue. I'm going to try again with DS Graphite and DS Sepia. I want to do a two-color reduction. If this doesn't work I will scrap the block and try a new method with different inks, perhaps the Japanese method I learned in Mary Brodbeck's class.
I found out last week I am accepted into the MFA-Printmaking program at Kendall College of Art Design, and I'm very excited about that. I'll be starting with a class this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment